With the upcoming launch of Dead Island 2, we're excited to share answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. You'll find them below - and look out for more posts soon, including a blog with co-op details!
- What are the PC System Requirements for Dead Island 2?
- Does Dead Island 2 support cross-play?
No, Dead Island 2 will not support cross-play.
- Will there be multiplayer in Dead Island 2?
Dead Island 2 will have a co-op story mode for up to 3 players. We'll reveal more details about co-op soon in another blog!
- Is Dead Island 2 cross-gen?
Yes, Dead Island 2 will support cross-gen. Again - more details are coming up soon in a blog dedicated to co-op!
- Does Dead Island 2 have key + mouse support on consoles?
No - Dead Island 2 will support key + mouse only on PC.
- What languages are available in Dead Island 2?
While Dead Island 2 will only have English audio, the subtitles, tooltips, options, and menu items will be available in the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Mexican Spanish, Polish, Czech, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
- What's the FPS count for Dead Island 2 on each console?
PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X|S – 60 FPS
PlayStation 4/Xbox One – 30 FPS
- What controllers are supported in Dead Island 2 on PC?
The options menu in Dead Island 2 provides layouts for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4 controllers.
- Is there a streamer mode in Dead Island 2?
Yes, Dead Island 2 has a streamer mode that blocks licensed music. However, while launching the game, players will first watch the Cinematic Title Sequence, which also has licensed music, so we recommend caution. Additionally, the streamer mode does not have a gore filter.
- Which HUD elements are customizable in Dead Island 2?
In Dead Island 2, you can customize the following HUD elements: player health & status, compass, quest objective information, objective markers, co-op player roaster, central notification pop-ups, left side notification pop-ups, reticle, radio messages, message log, small central hints, stamina bar, weapon pick up log, weapon information, curveballs information, zombie health & status, interaction locations, weapon pickup information, damage numbers, quick time event information, hazardous threat indicator.
- Which DirectX is supported in Dead Island 2?
Dead Island 2 supports DirectX 12 only – it does not support DirectX 11.
- Does Dead Island 2 support AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR2) and AMD
FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening?
Yes - Dead Island 2 does support both. You have the option to turn FSR2 on in the graphics menu. RCAS is enabled by default.
- Does Dead Island 2 support performance-boosting software?
No, Dead Island 2 does not support performance-boosting software.